Sunday 20 June 2010

Yikes-school sports day

will-you-be-doing-the-parents-race-at-sports-day.It has brought back ghastly memories of the first school sports day that I entered into. My daughter was in Reception year and a Mummy's race was held at the end of the children's events. I had been going to the gym three times a week and felt slim and fit. Hitching up my skirt I went for it when the starter gun was fired. My daughter was standing at the finishing line crying because...I came second to last! Oh yes, the family was humiliated and I have never run a Mummy race ever again. My daughter who is now 10 still remembers that day and makes me promise every year that I will not enter the race. It's an easy promise to make.
by
Jane

1 comment:

  1. This story made me laugh and cry at the same time. When your daughter is 30 I bet this will be one of her fondest memories! (I came in 3rd in my heat - but there were so many participating mums that there were 4 different races. Thank goodness because I wouldn't have fared near so well overall.)

    ReplyDelete